- Design Observer: A conversation between Rob Walker and Kevin Slavin
A deeper conversation about Slavin’s recent TED talk on algorithms shaping the world and his essay for MoMA’s ‘Talk To Me’ exhibition in which he rips Augmented Reality a new one.
- William Gibson Interview by The A.V. Club Chicago
It’s a William Gibson interview, ’nuff said.
- ReadWriteWeb: 4chan’s Chris Poole: Facebook & Google Are Doing It Wrong
Chris Poole, aka moot, about identity on the web.
- Steve Yegge about Jeff Bezos
Yegge, who a couple of weeks ago brought us (by accident) amazing insights in the cultural differences between Amazon and Google, has followed up with a story about Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos and how to present to him.
- The Kaiser Rises: Identity in the age of digital reproduction
Marcus Brown on his experiments with automating himself on the social web, with some help by our friends at the Philter Phactory. This is only one first glimpse into what will be a huge discussion in the upcoming years: How we define identity online when we can have bots/weavrs help us exist online. Think Social Cyborgs.
- FAZ: Politik und Internet: Mein neues Leben unter Piraten
Peter Altmeier, Parlamentarischer Geschäftsführer der CDU/CSU-Bundestagsfraktion, veröffentlicht in der FAZ einen deutlichen Weckruf an die Politik, die Bedeutung des Internet anzuerkennen und im politischen System festzuschreiben. Das Internet, so Altmeier, hat inzwischen eine Bedeutung, die derjenigen des Zugangs zu Wasser sehr nahe kommt.
- New York Times: Hum Your Way Through the Online Music Jungle
Confused by which service to use to find and listen to new music? The NYTimes made a nice, very useful overview of the best online music services.
- WIRED UK: Bitcoin’s value falls to 10 percent of June peak
It looks like the first hype around the new, anonymous crypto currency Bitcoin is over and reality is kicking in. Now that the honeymoon period is over and the value of one Bitcoin is headed for a US Doller equilibrium, it’ll be interesting to watch what the real deal is.
Have a great weekend!