- The WELL: Bruce Sterling and Jon Lebkowsky: State of the World 2014
Sterling and Lebkowsky have been having this conversation at the beginning of the year since 2000. Always good entertainment.
- How the NSA Almost Killed the Internet | Threat Level | Wired.com
Long piece by Steven Levy that sometimes reads a bit like a pr-piece of the US tech industry. Still, some interesting perspectives in there.
- Evgeny vs. the internet : Columbia Journalism Review
This portrait of Morozov provides a lot of context to better understand his writing and criticism.
- America’s artificial heartland– Venkatesh Rao – Aeon
One of our favorite essays from last year about infrastructure.
- Concrete-Printing Bees And Other Living 3D Printers
“Gizmodo’s 3D Printing Week, a collaborative project with GE that comes to a close this evening, would only be partially complete without a look at the use of animals as living 3D printers. They are sentient printheads, we might say: biological sources of material, whether it’s silk and honey or plastic and even, as we’ll see below, concrete.”
Our favorite articles of this week. Have a great weekend.