Quote of the week
If we define anxiety as experiencing failure in advance, we can also understand its antonym, anticipation.
Articles of the week
- Dustin Curtis: Product Performances
Why successful startups are like convincing magic acts.
- Craig Mod: Subcompact Publishing
An enlightening (and quite long) read about what makes simple, successful design for publishing, by way of Honda, Homer Simpson and Hamburger Buttons.
- The Atlantic: Why People Really Love Technology: An Interview with Genevieve Bell
Genevieve Bell, anthropologist, is a researcher at Intel. Alexis Madrigal interviews her about how and why people from different demographics adopt new technologies.
- Darius Kazemi: Randomized Consumerism
The intro to Darius Kazemi’s brilliant project: a bot that buys him random things on Amazon. His Random Shopper blog documents the things he receives from the bot.
- Philosophically: Why We’re Pivoting from Mobile-first to Web-first
Vibhu Norby explains why his company will be starting with a web-based product. His opinion on starting with mobile: “I just don’t think that an entrepreneur who wants a real shot at success should start their business there.”