- The Latest Sports Stat: Players’ Vital Signs
A new generation of wearable monitors that measure heart rate, electrical activity in the heart, lung capacity, metabolism, and other metrics is allowing scientists to study athletes’ physiology as they play.
- Douglas Rushkoff: You Are Not Facebook’s Customer
That’s because on Facebook we’re not the customers. We are the product.
- Lance Armstrong To Launch Self-Tracking App For Cancer Patients
We will see more of those health related quantified self applications emerge over the next few years. In this case the tracking of certain behaviors is completely focused on the user itself and is not a vanity related issue. Definitely a close field to watch.
- All of life has been utterly, profoundly changed thanks to Facebook’s new features, and nothing will ever be the same, and all I can do is sit here and weep at the beauty and magic that Mark Zuckerberg has brought to this world
Great satire by Dan Lyons (of Fake Steve Jobs fame) about the hype around the new features that Facebook introduced last week (Timeline etc.). We’d rather have a cup of coffee first, watching the users have a go at the new features (instead of the “experts”) and be late with our predictions but hopefully more insightful.
- What I like about Facebook Timeline and why Open Graph could undermine the internet as we know it
Mark Jensen analyzes the new Facebook interface, the new Timeline feature as well as Facebook’s goals with its (so-called, but not really open) “Open Graph”.
Every week, we filter a few of the most relevant articles about the digital business for you.